BKA Architects is a vibrant, full-service architectural and interior design firm that has provided award-winning design services to clients throughout the United States, Canada and Europe since 1974.
Currently seeking Job Captains, Project Managers and Interior Designer/Architects in both our Brockton and Boston locations.
Interested candidates please email cover letter, resume and work samples to Human Resources (firstname.lastname@example.org.).
Updated: June 12, 2019
Candidates will assist throughout the design process, including programming, and preparation of design and construction documents, including development of presentation materials, involvement in the creation of Schematic Design, Design Development and Contract Documents, model building, renderings and Construction Administration.
Qualifications & Responsibilities:
- BA/MA degree in Architecture
- Strong creative, analytical, organizational and personal skills
- Resourcefulness in solving problems
- Excellent writing, communication and people skills
- Enthusiastic attitude
- Exceptional time management skills.
- A strong work ethic and attention to detail
- Work well in a team atmosphere
- Technically proficient in AutoCAD, Revit and Microsoft Office.
- Sketch-Up and Photoshop a plus.
- Ability to manage multiple projects and deadlines simultaneously with minimal instruction
- Solid understanding of ADA, MAAB, and other applicable Codes
- Ability to produce design presentations and construction document sets
- Ability to lead and manage project teams, clients, consultants
- Project coordination with clients and consulting engineers.
- Responsible for all phases of design and see a project from inception to construction completion
- Ability to deal with municipal authorities, make public presentations
- Ability to lead and coordinate a comprehensive set of Construction Documents
- Solid Construction Administration experience and knowledge of construction method
Candidates should have a minimum of 5 years experience and be proficient in AutoCAD and Revit. BOMA experience preferred.
The position would entail but not be limited to:
- Manage multiple projects and deadlines from conception to completion
- Proficiency in building construction, materials and techniques
- Use AutoCAD / Revit to prepare floor plans, elevations, details, furniture layouts, millwork design and finish plans/schedule
- Create construction documents and specifications
- Communicate with contractors and vendors
- Bachelor’s Degree
- Experience with commercial, office and multi-residential projects
- Excellent design and communication skills
- Ability to manage multiple projects and client relationships
- Detail Oriented
- Design abilities
- Problem-solving skills
- Organization and time management skills
- Strong leadership and team building skills
Candidates must have a good design sense and the ability to produce design through contract documents under supervision of the Project Manager and working collaboratively with the Project Team, ensuring the design intent is consistent and well executed.
- 3-5 years’ experience;
- Ability to work collaboratively within a team through all phases of project development and construction administration.
- Coordination with engineers and outside consultants.
- Revit and AutoCAD proficiency required.
- Sketch-Up and Photoshop a plus.
BKA offers competitive salaries and an outstanding benefits package which includes medical and dental insurance, a 401(k) with company contribution, company-paid Short-Term, Long-Term and Life Insurance as well as a Medical/Dental Flexible Spending program.
BKA Architects is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action/Vietnam Era Veteran/Disabled Individual employer and is committed to our affirmative action plan.