BKA Architects is a vibrant, full-service architectural and interior design firm that has provided award-winning design services to clients throughout the United States, Canada and Europe since 1974.
Currently seeking a Project Manager
Interested candidates please email cover letter, resume and work samples to Human Resources (firstname.lastname@example.org.).
Candidates should have a minimum of 10+ years experience and be proficient in AutoCAD and Revit.
Candidates will assist throughout the design process, including programming, and preparation of design and construction documents, including development of presentation materials, involvement in the creation of Schematic Design, Design Development and Contract Documents, model building, renderings and Construction Administration.
Qualifications & Responsibilities:
- BA/MA degree in Architecture
- Strong creative, analytical, organizational and personal skills
- Resourcefulness in solving problems
- Excellent writing, communication and people skills
- Enthusiastic attitude
- Exceptional time management skills.
- A strong work ethic and attention to detail
- Work well in a team atmosphere
- Technically proficient in AutoCAD, Revit
- Sketch-Up a plus.
- Ability to manage multiple projects and deadlines simultaneously with minimal instruction
- Solid understanding of ADA, MAAB, and other applicable Codes
- Ability to produce design presentations and construction document sets
- Ability to lead and manage project teams, clients, consultants
- Project coordination with clients and consulting engineers.
- Responsible for all phases of design and see a project from inception to construction completion
- Ability to deal with municipal authorities, make public presentations
- Ability to lead and coordinate a comprehensive set of Construction Documents
- Solid Construction Administration experience and knowledge of construction method
Candidates should have a minimum of 5+ years experience and be proficient in AutoCAD and Revit. BOMA experience preferred.
The position would entail but not be limited to:
- Manage multiple projects and deadlines from conception to completion
- Proficiency in building construction, materials and techniques
- Use AutoCAD / Revit to prepare floor plans, elevations, details, furniture layouts, millwork design and finish plans/schedule
- Create construction documents and specifications
- Communicate with contractors and vendors
- Bachelor’s Degree
- Experience with commercial, office and multi-residential projects
- Excellent design and communication skills
- Ability to manage multiple projects and client relationships
- Detail Oriented
- Design abilities
- Problem-solving skills
- Organization and time management skills
- Strong leadership and team building skills